To reset the maintenance light on a Toyota RAV4, refer to our helpful guide. Find out what might have triggered your light to come on and how to turn your RAV4’s maintenance light back off.
Reset Maintenance Light on Toyota RAV4: Instructions
It’s crucial to have the service light turned off if it stays on after routine maintenance because it can be annoying, frustrating, and confusing. Any driver would prefer to avoid having that unfounded concern about potential vehicle problems. For a RAV4 maintenance light reset, the service team has a trick.
Schedule a service appointment at the Savannah Toyota service center if the light doesn’t go out. This could imply that there is a problem.
How to Reset Your Rav4 Maintenance Light
Even though you recently had maintenance done, is the service light on in your RAV4 still on? Naturally, you’ll want to reset it by switching it off. If you want assistance turning off the maintenance light on your Toyota RAV4, contact Toyota of Downtown LA. Just follow these simple steps to get your Toyota RAV4 dashboard back to normal with the maintenance required light off:
- Put your key in the ignition of the RAV4. Set it to the first position. To be clear, the first position is the one in which the car is in before it is started.
- On the dashboard, press and hold the trip meter reset button. Select position two with your key.
- Ten seconds should be spent holding down the odometer button. Your RAV4’s light ought to beep, flash, and then turn off.
- Release the odometer button once the light is off, then start the vehicle.
- Reset the maintenance light on your Toyota RAV4 once or twice more if you see that it’s still on. You’ll be able to tell whether you’ve successfully turned off the maintenance light on your Toyota RAV4.
- Driving around Los Angeles and noticing the light is still on means your car needs maintenance. An emergency problem might be indicated by a maintenance light. In most cases, your car only needs an oil change, but it’s still a good idea to consult your Toyota service professionals.
Toyota Rav4 Maintenance Schedule Checks
Make sure to check your Toyota RAV4 owner’s manual for the precise recommended service intervals and schedule service as soon as you can if you haven’t performed a routine auto maintenance check in a while. While Toyota SUVs are built for reliability, it’s very important that you follow these general maintenance intervals to ensure your RAV4 maintenance required light isn’t coming on for a good reason:
Rav4 Maintenance Every Three Months Or 3,000 Miles
Every three months or 3,000 miles, perform the following vehicle maintenance checks:
- Automatic transmission, power steering, wiper fluid levels
- Engine oil and air filter
- Belts, exhaust, and hoses
- All lights inside and out
- Fuel filter
- Tire pressure, tread, and wear and tear
Rav4 Maintenance Every Six Months Or 6,000 Miles
In addition to the above preventative maintenance, you’ll want to do these checks every six months or 6,000 miles:
- Car battery and cables
- Chassis lubrication
- Windshield wipers
- Polish your vehicle
Why is the Maintenance Required Light on in My Toyota Rav4?
There may be several causes for your Toyota RAV4’s maintenance required light to be illuminated. Review some of the options, and then have your car checked at the Toyota of Downtown LA service facility to determine the precise cause. Your maintenance required light could be on in your Toyota RAV4 because of a:
- Loose gas cap
- Faulty spark plug wires
- Emissions system issues
- Faulty catalytic converter
- Airflow sensor errors
Importance of Routine Maintenance
Even though there may not always be a problem despite the maintenance light appearing, routine maintenance must be performed. Here are a few reasons why drivers should stay on top of their Toyota maintenance schedule:
- Save Money: Toyota parts can be more expensive to replace after they break down because you have to replace both that and any other damaged parts.
- Safety: Your car will be checked by factory-trained technicians to make sure it is safe for Chatham County roads.
- Functioning Systems: Your car keeps running at peak efficiency. Your engine will run more smoothly if you perform routine oil changes.
How to Turn Off Maintenance Light on the Toyota RAV4
After performing maintenance, if you notice the service light is still on, you should turn it off right away because it can be distracting and confusing to the point where you might believe there is another issue with your Toyota vehicle. We can teach you how to reset the RAV4 maintenance light, which is good news. Just follow the steps below:
- Put your key in the ignition and turn it to position one, which is the last position before starting the vehicle.
- Turn your key to position two after pressing and holding the trip meter reset button on the dashboard.
- Holding the odometer button down continues for 10 seconds. Then the light should flash, possibly beep, and finally turn off.
- Start the vehicle after releasing the odometer button. Only one or two more times should be required to completely extinguish the maintenance light on the Toyota RAV4 if you notice the light is still on.
Bring your 2019 Toyota RAV4 to our Miami service facility for repairs if the light continues to be on. It’s crucial to adhere to the advised maintenance schedule because a maintenance light may indicate a potentially serious issue.